Mighty Warrior


As we mentioned the other day, as much as this is a joyful time of year, it seems that difficulties and stress have a way of attacking us in a special kind of way in the days leading up to Christmas. I tend to view much of life through the lens of spiritual warfare, so this makes sense to me. What other time of year, besides Easter, is the focus so much on Jesus and what He has meant to our world? Of course the enemy wants to attack us now! Of course he wants us to take our eyes off of what's important and try to make us focus on what's wrong with the world and even our lives.

One of my favorite accounts from the old testament is in 2 Chronicles:20. Word had come to Jehoshaphat, the king of Judah, that they were about to be attacked by a huge army. He was about to be in a situation that, in his own strength, there would be nothing he could do. 

What he could do though, was pray. And so he did, in a very public way for all to hear. And at  the end of the prayer, he said this:


"We do not know what to do, but our eyes are on you.”


Jehoshaphat recognized that the only way to get through what was about to happen, was to turn their attention and focus to God. God would have to help them if they were to be successful in the battle to come. The following words then came from the Lord, through Jahaziel:

"Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the Lord will be with you."



I believe those words are for us today, too. Whatever we are facing, He will be with us. We are not called to be afraid; we are not called to be discouraged. We are called to be faithful and to trust Him. 

Listen to the song in the video below. Let the words (provided below the video) speak to you. Let them become your prayer. We are called to be "mighty warriors" just as Gideon was (Judges 6:12). 





Gideon
~Jason Upton

I don't have the power
I don't even have a clue
I don't know all the answers
I don't even know a few

But if I were really honest
And the truth were known of me
It might sound a little funny
But this is what my prayer would be

I don't know what to do
But my eyes are on You
I don't know what to do
But my eyes are on You

I lift my eyes toward the Heavens
Tune my ear to Your command
Help me boast in my condition
You're the God and I'm the man

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Divine Appointments

Proving What is Good, Part 2

Wisdom Times Three