Living Unfiltered for God

Last week at a family camp retreat, while leading a Creative Writing session (used as an avenue to hear from God through writing), I heard what has become a new motto for my life and which has led to the creation of this blog. God impressed upon me this idea of how those of us who are Christian often have a tendency to "sanitize" the word of God to make it more palatable to others in the world who may not share our faith. Not only do we do this with His Word, but also with our actions and behaviors. We know what we should do or say, but if we don't think it will be received well by whatever audience we may have, we "clean it up". We choose to disobey God for the sake of being socially acceptable. Well, what I heard from God that day was that He didn't want that anymore. What He wants is for us to live our lives "unfiltered" for Him. No longer should we feel we need to put a filter on Him. No longer should we try to dumb God down so that we are more accepted. No longer should we seek the praise of men over the praise of God (see John 5:44).

So this is where we start. I will be posting relevant examples of when and where this takes place. Some will be personal - I confess to being guilty of this far too often. Mostly, my desire is that this be a place of encouragement. A safe place to share struggles of living this "unfiltered" life as well as a forum to share the cool "God Stories" of when living the unfiltered life has turned into a blessing. Will you join me?


Comments

  1. This step of faith will bear much fruit. Thanks for your obedience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda. Your words are especially encouraging.

      Delete
  2. Bud, I know I shouldn't be amazed at God's timing, but for whatever reason still am. I too came back from camp with a renewed sense of God's plan for my life. "Unfiltered" sums it up. God does not want me to base how or what I say by the company I keep, but base ALL I say and do with any company I keep with the purpose of glorifying Him!

    Yesterday during my reading, I focused on several pieces of scripture. "Whatever I tell you in the dark, speak in the light; and what you hear in your ear, preach on the housetops. Math. 10:27. "Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before my Father who is in Heaven. But whoever denies Me before men, I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven. Do you think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword." Mathew 10:32-34.

    Dr. Adam Dooley stated, "though God does not require that we seek persecution, He does insist that we refuse to run from it."
    Looking forward to reading about what God is doing in His children's lives.
    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mr. H. Convicting scriptures. It's all so much easier to do when we are "away" from the world,but when we get back in it, that's what truly reveals our hearts.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Divine Appointments

Proving What is Good, Part 2

Wisdom Times Three