What Brings You Wonder?

Over the last few weeks, our church has been doing a sermon series called "Wonder". It has been especially impactful to me, during this season of Advent, to "re-remember", if you will, all of those things that bring me wonder. Those things that just make me stop and say, "Wow, would you look at that?" Sometimes it's something I see, other times it's a situation, still others it's a memory that is brought to mind. I wanted to use this space today to record just a few of these wonder-filled moments for me over the last few weeks. I would love it if you would share some of yours in the comments, as well.

Where have I found wonder lately?...

... I've found it in nature. The picture below was taken of the sunset on my way home from work the other day. It still doesn't quite capture the vividness of the colors. I saw and "wondered" at how God just shows off sometimes with His beauty in nature. When you look closely, it's almost like there is a hand coming up out of the clouds and waving to us. Nature brings me wonder.


... I've found it in the look on my granddaughter's face when we went to the Fox Theater this past weekend and she first spotted the beautiful ceiling that looks like the night sky. That look of awe and surprise was heart warming. The excitement of a child brings me wonder.

... I've found it in the way I've seen my daughter battling breast cancer over the last few months. Her faith, strength and courage have been inspiring to all those around her. Her willingness to face her situation head-on and not be ashamed in any way, has been a blessing to watch. The courage of someone in a battle brings me wonder.

... I've found it in the way my wife has been working tirelessly over the last few weeks to ensure our family has had a holiday season to remember. Despite all the things she has to do, she always stops on a dime to sit and chat with a daughter or grandchild (or me) who just needs some time. The love of a wife, a mom, and a grandmother brings me wonder.

I've found wonder in many more places and situations, as well. Sometimes it hits you square in the face, other times you have to be paying attention. But it's there; His wonder is everywhere.

Please do share some of you recent wonder-filled moments. You can use the comments section below or wherever you found this post on social media. Sharing our experiences can be extremely helpful and encouraging to everyone. Other people's wonder can become our wonder, too.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Divine Appointments

Proving What is Good, Part 2

Wisdom Times Three