Christmas Eve (But, Jesus)

It startles me to think of how many Christmas Eves I've experienced in my life. My how the years pass by quickly.

There are different kinds of Christmas Eves... Joyous ones, sad ones, those that cause us to be tentative. Our circumstances and situations have a lot to say about our feelings on this night. But one thing never changes - the reason we are celebrating - the birthday of our Savior. Like so much and everything else, circumstances change, our feelings change, our situations may be in constant Flux, but Jesus - He stays the same. Our loving, grace-filled, hope-instilling Savior... He NEVER changes. We can always count on Him to be exactly what He has always been and ever will be. Our Savior.

Those two words: But, Jesus.

What is on your heart tonight that can be soothed by those two words?

"Lord, my finances are a mess." But, Jesus.

"Father, I'm worried about my child's salvation and future." But, Jesus.

"Lord, my parent is in very ill health." But, Jesus.

"God, our country is in turmoil." But, Jesus.

"God, I have a Dr's visit soon... and I'm scared." But, Jesus.

"Lord, I miss my family this time of year." But, Jesus.

"Father, I don't want to spend another year alone." But, Jesus.

So... What is your "But, Jesus" prayer and need this Christmas? Bring it to Him. Offer it to Him. He can handle it. It's why He came. It's why we're celebrating.


Wishing you and your family a truly blessed and wonderful Christmas!!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Divine Appointments

Proving What is Good, Part 2

Wisdom Times Three